Monday, October 27, 2008

Haines Alaska Fishing in the Chilkoot River

Earlier this year I had a great trip out Fishing in the Chilkoot River in Haines Alaska. Fishing in Haines Alaska is fantastic. The town is beautiful, the fish are brite, and when you are done there is always good food to be had at Mountain Market in town.

Fishing in Chilkoot Lake on the Chilkoot River in Haines


The Silver Salmon were in and they were slamming Pixees. Silver Salmon are really fun to catch, coho are known for their acrobatic jumps and strong fight.

There is something special about Haines... the people, the place, everything about it is wonderful. Chilkoot Lake State Park... where I am fishing in the picture above, is just spectacular. I love the area, and I miss it ever since I left. If you are ever thinking about doing something different... check out Haines for sure!

I am really looking forward to the next time I am in Haines.

No comments: